FULLERENE C60 – SOL5060
Fullerenes C60 is the primary starting material for the synthesis of organic semiconductors used in solar cells, perovskites, and bio/pharma applications.
High purity Fullerene-C60 (carbon 60, or C60, fullerenes) for use in thermal evaporation systems as either electron acceptors, n-type semiconductors, or interface layers.
We do offer regular grades which may contain traces of volatiles (solvents) as 99.50% – 99.90%. High purity solvent-free C60 is also offered as 99.50%+ to 99.99%+ grades, specially formulated for biological oriented R&D and processes demanding ultra-pure fullerenes.
Our C60 fullerene is packed and shipped into high-quality glass amber vials under nitrogen.
Grade: 99.50% (SOL5060A) – Regular grade with some residual solvent, 0.1 – 0.5% – High Purity grade for synthesis
Grade: 99.90% (SOL5060Z) – Regular grade with some residual solvent, 0.1 – 0.5% – High Purity grade for synthesis
SOLVENT FREE GRADES:
Grade: 99.50% (SOL5060X) – Solvent-free* – High Purity grade for synthesis.
Grade: 99.90% (SOL5060W) – Solvent-free* – ™ High Purity grade for synthesis.
Grade: 99.95% (SOL5060Y) – Solvent-free* – ™ Very High Purity grade for synthesis, Standards and Bio-Pharma R&D.
Grade: 99.99% (SOL5060YY) – Solvent-free* – ™ Ultra High Purity grade for synthesis, Standards and Bio-Pharma R&D.
These C60 products are going through further process in order to be highly soluble in organic solvents, oils and other related medias.
Time to dissolve/disperse in (provided as guideline only):
Toluene: Few seconds to few minutes (max 3 g/L)
o-DCB: Few seconds to few minutes (max 24 g/L)
Olive oil: 3-5 days (to 0.8-1g/L, vs 2 weeks for most commun C60 powder)
*Solvents and volatiles are removed by subjecting the C60 to a controlled heat-cool process under dynamic inert medical nitrogen in order to suppress oxidation and preserve its pristine nature.
(1) Kurpiers, J., Neher, D. Dispersive Non-Geminate Recombination in an Amorphous Polymer: Fullerene Blend. Sci Rep 6, 26832 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1038/srep26832
(2) “Multifunctional fullerene and metallofullerene based nanobiomaterials”, Author(s): G. Lalwani and B. Sitharaman,NanoLIFE 08/2013; 3:1342003. DOI: 10.1142/S1793984413420038.
(3) “Cationic Fullerenes Are Effective and Selective Antimicrobial Photosensitizers”, Author(s): Tegos, G. P.; Demidova, T. N.; Arcila-Lopez, D.; Lee, H.; Wharton, T.; Gali, H.; Hamblin, M. R. (2005). Chemistry & Biology. 12 (10): 1127–1135
(4) “The present and future role of photodynamic therapy in cancer treatment”, Author(s): Brown, S.B.; Brown, E.A.; Walker, I. (2004). Lancet Oncology. 5 (8): 497–508
(5) “Surface Alterations to Impart Antiviral Properties to Combat COVID‑19 Transmission”, Author(s): Reshma Y. Siddiquie, Amit Agrawal, Suhas S. Joshi. © Indian National Academy of Engineering 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41403-020-00096-9
(6) “Anti-Influenza Activity of C60 Fullerene Derivatives”, Author(s): Masaki Shoji, Etsuhisa Takahashi, Dai Hatakeyama, Yuma Iwai, Yuka Morita, Riku Shirayama, Noriko Echigo, Hiroshi Kido, Shigeo Nakamura, Tadahiko Mashino, Takeshi Okutani, Takashi Kuzuhara. June 13, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0066337
Request pricing for larger quantity * Price subject to change without prior notice
Products for Research and Development. Laboratory use only by qualified personnel. The user should read the available SDS and be aware of any precaution to take for the safe manipulation of these materials. Solarischem shall not be held responsible for any damage resulting from the use or handling of these products. Any product can be discontinued, specifications altered or price changed at any time without prior notice. The specifications and structures do not guarantee any product’s suitability for the client’s applications or uses.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
|Chemical Name:||Fullerene C60|
|Color and Texture:||brown to dark grey|
|Molecular Weight:||720.64 g/mol|
|Absorption, λmax (Media):||N/A|
|Emission, λmax (Media):||N/A|
|HOMO (eV):||-6.1 eV|
|LUMO (eV):||-4.3 eV|
|Melting point (°C):||> 280 °C (> 536 °F) (lit.)|
|Solubility (Solvent):||Toluene, oils, o-DCB|